Today’s photo features the Powerhouse “Nautica Entertainment Complex” with the Cleveland skyline as a backdrop. The Powerhouse was built in 1892 on the west bank of the Cuyahoga River by Marcus Hanna to power Cleveland’s west side streetcar lines. The powerhouse, which is now a National Historic Landmark was closed in 1920. Streetcars were being used less due to the rise of the automobile.
Today the Nautica Entertainment Complex includes the Powerhouse and is home to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium, Windows on the River banquet facilities and Trolley Tours, the Sugar Warehouse with Shooters on the Water, the IMPROV Comedy Club and Restaurant, Great Lakes Watersports, Jacobs Pavilion, the Nautica Queen dining and cruise ship, and the Apartments at Nautica building with McCarthy’s Downtown.
To find more about this amazing venue: http://www.nauticaflats.com/
All photos are copyright of Brent Durken – www.brentdurken.com
To purchase a digital download of this photo for your website or blog please visit: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-zRG6xB/
Purchase a print of this photo: Brent Durken Print Sales