Wade Hall at the Cleveland Zoo


wade hall

Built in 1884 and named after Jeptha H. Wade, one of the founding members of Western Union Telegraph, Wade Hall is one of the oldest zoo buildings in North America. Originally located in Wade Park, the first home of the Cleveland Zoo, it was later relocated to its present location.  A wooden deck surrounds the building providing a scenic view of Waterfowl Lake

For more info on Wade Hall:


Today’s Quote: “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil”. – C. S. Lewis

Leave a Reply